Special Order - Please allow 5-10 Business days
HOW TO MELT:
Merckens Rainbow coatings
Things to Remember:
• Rainbow coatings are oil based, so never let water come in direct
contact with them.
• If you are adding flavors, they must be oil based. Most extracts are
• The working temperature for Rainbow coatings is 90˚ to 92˚ F 32 to 34 C . If
the coatings are too thick within this range, add a small amount of
lecithin until they become the right consistency.
• Heat water in the bottom of the double boiler. Do not let the water
get too hot. If it is too hot for your hand, it is too hot for the
chocolate or compound coating.
• Place the top pot (or bowl), with a small amount of Rainbow
coating, on top of the pot with the hot water. The water should not
come in direct contact with the coating.
• Stir until melted; continue adding Rainbow coating until the desired
amount of coating is melted.
• For 1 lb. of Rainbow coating, 30 seconds on med./high–stir.
• Continue in 30-second intervals until the Rainbow coating is fully
• When melted in the microwave, the coating will retain its wafer
shape until stirred.
Storing Rainbow Coatings
• Store in a cool, dry, and odorless environment.
• Do NOT place in refrigerator or freezer, because condensation will
develop when removed. This will add water to the Rainbow
coatings, and they will become thick when melted.
• This product contains artificial colors that have been approved for
use as prescribed by the FDA. At time of shipment from our
facilities, we guarantee the product color to be within the specified
color range. Color stability can be affected by, but is not limited to,
storage conditions, handling conditions, and exposure to light.
Because of the sensitivity of the colors to conditions outside of our
control, we are unable to guarantee the stability of the specific
color. We suggest that you conduct shelf-life studies on your
finished product to determine the shelf-stable time for your specific