Lace Mat Flexible Icing - White 500 g
Item #: 17705
- Mix 6 TBSP (50g) of lace mat icing with 4 TBSP (60ml) of hot water and mix for 4 mins on low speed with flat beater.
- Once icing is mixed, it should have a consistency similar to mayonnaise.
OPTIONAL: Add a few drops of your preferred flavouring for taste.
HOW TO APPLY TO MAT:
- Lightly dust lace mat with corn starch.
- Spread icing over mat using either a small scraper or a a small off-set spatula. Make sure the lace looks solid with no air bubbles and clean (only the lace mat imprint has icing).
- Let the mat sit for at least 4-5 hours at room temperature.
- To speed up setting time, place the mat into an oven preheated at 80°C/175°F for 10-12 mins.
- After removing the mat from the oven, let it rest at room temperature for 5 minutes or until cool.
- Gently peel a small section on one side off of the mat and then flip the mat upside down (icing side down).
- Using a flat scraper (or your hand) gently peel the mat away from the lace. If lace is too soft or sticky, let the icing set for about 1 more hour at room temp or place back in oven for an additional 2 minutes .
- Drying times will vary depending on the humidity and type of oven used. We recommend using a second thermometer to check if your oven temperature is correct. The above are guidelines.
- Icing can be piped on any non-stick mat to create your desired flexible designs.
- Icing can be coloured with water soluble powder colours. Gel or paste colours can be used for light tinting. Store in the fridge for 7 to 10 days when not in use.
- For 2 color lace mat design plus a background colour. Follow the above steps as above, bake lace design for 10 minutes. Let cool and add the background color and bake another 10 minutes.
- Time listed above is based on a convection oven at 80°C.
- Store finished lace pieces in parchment paper then
in a plastic bag
- Store the unused McCall’s magic lace icing in the fridge for 7 to 10 days when not in use.