Regular Price $36.29
This Butterflies Fondant Mat / Stencil is perfect for making designs to decorate your cake in a variety of ways. This is made of food-grade plastic that can be used to roll out fondant to a uniform thickness.
Mat Size : 23 ¾" x 15 ¾" / 60.33 x 40 cm
Storage : Not suitable for the dishwasher. Wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.
1. Roll out your fondant or gum paste to the desired thickness. You can use a rolling pin or a fondant smoother to ensure that the surface is even.
2. Lightly dust the work surface royal icing sugar. This will prevent the fondant or gum paste from sticking to the mat / stencil
3. Apply firm pressure to ensure that the design is transferred onto the surface. You can use a fondant smoother or rolling pin to help press the mat / stencil onto the surface.
4. Carefully peel the mat / stencil away from the fondant or gum paste to reveal the design.
5. Use a sharp knife or fondant cutter to cut the fondant or gum paste to the desired size and shape for your cake.
6. Gently lift the fondant or gum paste and place it onto the cake. Smooth out any wrinkles or air bubbles with a fondant smoother or your fingertips.
7. If you want to create a repeating pattern across the entire surface of your cake, you can use the mat / stencil multiple times. Simply align the design from the previous mat / stencil with the next one and press onto the surface again.