This Damask Lace Impression / Stencil Mat Mini is made of food grade plastic. Perfect for making impressions on gum paste, fondant, marzipan and buttercream on the sides or tops of your cake.
Mat Size : 22.86 x 20.32 cm / 9" x 8"
Storage : Not suitable for the dishwasher. Wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.
1. Roll out your fondant or gum paste to the desired thickness. You can use a rolling pin or a fondant smoother to ensure that the surface is even.
2. This will prevent the fondant or gum paste from sticking to the mat.
3. Apply firm pressure to ensure that the design is transferred onto the surface. You can use a fondant smoother or rolling pin to help press the mat onto the surface.
4. Carefully peel the mat away from the fondant or gum paste to reveal the design.
5. Use a sharp knife or fondant cutter to cut the fondant or gum paste to the desired size and shape for your cake.
6. Gently lift the fondant or gum paste and place it onto the cake. Smooth out any wrinkles or air bubbles with a fondant smoother or your fingertips.
7. If you want to create a repeating pattern across the entire surface of your cake, you can use the impression mat stencil multiple times. Simply align the design from the previous impression with the next impression and press the mat onto the surface again.