Snowflake Lace Mat 3/4" 35 Pieces
Item #: 8013
MCCALLS SUPPLIES # GLMS10
This Snowflake Lace Mat is typically used in cake decorating to create intricate and delicate snowflake of royal icing to be placed on cakes and cupcakes. This mat is made of food-grade transparent plastic, flexible, non-stick and reusable.
Helpful Hint : Chocolate can also be used in place of royal icing when using this lace mat.
Template Pieces : 35
Size : 3/4" x 3/4" / 1.90 x 1.90 cm
Care & Storage : Wash in warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before use. It is recommended to wash the lace mat between uses. Mat is not suitable for the dishwasher.
- Prepare Royal Icing according to instructions, do not add cream of tartar or lemon juice as this will break down the icing. For strength you can add a pinch of Gum Arabic.
- Clean cellophane with damp towel, dry it off and lightly coat spray grease (wipe off an excess).
- Place lace mat on the cellophane, using an offset palette knife, spread the Royal Icing evenly over the lace mat, several strokes may be required to ensure that the icing fills the lace pattern.
- Remove excess icing leaving a thin smooth layer over lace mat.
- Remove the lace mat carefully and allow the pieces to dry thoroughly, preferably overnight (we recommend washing the lace mat between uses).
- When dry, gently remove the lace pieces with the a palette knife. When using the palette knife, always pick he lace piece up from strongest point.
- Use Royal Icing to attach the lace piece to the cake.
- To ensure the piece adheres to the icing (try to place the pieces on the cake at a slight angle giving a three-dimensional look).